Monday, March 28, 2005

Rastafarian Madness

"Sanka man, whatcha smokin'?"
"I'm not smokin'...I'm breathin'!"


Cool Runnings, the best movie ever made. Yes, I just finished watching it. I've discovered that my dad and I share the same taste in movies...well, somewhat. When everyone else in my family critizizes our tastes, we enjoy watching what seems to be 80's and 90's comedies. Tonight, we had the urge to watch Cool Runnings and dictate all the lines and laugh at the most ridiculous parts. My sister simply whined, "Why do you always watch that retarded movie...whenever you have nothing better to do, you just sit there and watch it!" Well, sorry, sister...I happen to like it. But I know she is just jealous...haha.

So, drawing apart from those crazy Jamaican bobsledders... I've been in the weirdest moods lately. Spring break fever, I suppose. Man, I cannot stand not having anything to do. I was bored witless throughout today...and I'm beginning to realize that I would not be able to function if I sat around all day with absolutely nothing to do. I would probably turn into a sack of potatoes and rot away and sprout roots. Pathetic, I know...I need to do something. Spring break has really only just begun...and I'm already wishing that I could go back to school and go back to my activities, and go back to having a hectic life. Because of my absolute boredness, I even took great pleasure when I was washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen today. Why, I ask? What can justify this? I don't know.

I don't want to turn this post into a whinefest, but something has been really bothering me for a while. Yesterday I posted something somewhat personal on my Xanga, telling a story about a girl who liked to watch romantic movies. Well, if it wasn't obvious enough, that girl is me. My mind is bombarded with all these ideas and questions about love. Yeah yeah...kinda cheesy maybe, but right now someone who cares about me sounds really nice. I had a long conversation with a friend last night about how much we both wanted the perfect guy to come up to our doorsteps and give us a dozen roses and be with us forever. Dream on... but that's what I'm sick of. I'm sick of dreaming on...I want to move on. Just recently, I thought that maybe a relationship was going to work...but I found that it wasn't. The guy told me, "I just want to have fun during highschool." Well, what a jerk. He lead me on, and then crushed it within a matter of seconds. I don't understand how he can justify his reasoning for that...can someone please explain that to me? I wish there was a store where you can pick out the perfect man, and be with him for the rest of your life and live happily ever after. But no, life doesn't work like that I suppose.

So, in the words of Junior..."I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda who won't take no crap out of nobody!" How does that fit? Well, the best reasoning I can come up with is that I won't take no crap out of nobody. (I know, it's a double negative...to correctly say it you would have to replace the "no" with an "any", but who cares?) Long story short, I love Cool Runnings, but my mind is in a relationship mess. It makes no sense...again I say - who cares?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home