Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday Afternoon

Alas...it's a Friday.

Some stress is relieved from my shoulders...but not for long. For I know that this weekend I must accomplish tasks such as cleaning and organizing my room, studying for my IB chemistry test next week, doing odd bits of homework and what not, and maybe I'll take a breath sometime in between. (Breathes...ah, that felt good.)

Taking an optimistic point of view, I look ahead and see only but a month left of school...then I can relax...but again I lie. I have a full summer schedule ahead of me, including activities such as taking the ACT in the beginning of June, traveling all around Europe with the Wyoming Ambassadors of Music for two weeks, immensly researching colleges and taking serious consideration of what I want to do with the rest of my life, work and develop my extended essay (which may even require a trip to Chicago to see an exhibition of Toulouse-Lautrec), work on art pieces for my IB senior art show, visit friends from France on the east coast, fiddle around (ha!) with Strolling Strings during Frontier Days, play and improve my tennis so I still have my reserved position on varsity next year, find a job...and fitting time to just relax with friends and family in between.

Summer - not necessarily a break from my usual busy schedule, but it will be nice not having to be mandated into going to classes for seven hours everyday.

I find that I use my blogger when I really want to speak what's on my mind. And, as usual, this whole relationship fiasco is dancing around in my head again. I recently had a revelation, and discovered a new approach to the concept of dating - or at least this is new to me. I used to be the type of girl who did not believe dating was beneficial to life - or at least my life at that time. Then, my mind altered and the idea of dating and having a particular someone didn't seem bad at all. In fact, it seemed marvelous... and so I took a plunge and made an effort to date. After the relationship crashed, I was upset and made excuses that dating was pointless...it only led to confusion and broken hearts. (I'm not saying my heart was broken, but it took a beating and still is a bit bruised.) I was whining to myself that I still had feelings and wanted him back, and I have to admit I still have some of those feelings buried deep inside of me, but things are starting to make sense now.

I finally realized that we all have our own ideal description of a "Mr. Right". But, what we may think is ideal may not even be ideal at all. So, that is why we have to date people, and find out what characteristics about that person we like...and dislike. From this, we will be able to find that perfect someone - that one that will be destined to be with us forever. Right now, Mr. Right is still to be found - it may take me years to find him, but he's out there somewhere. In the meantime, I cannot let this one little fling get to me, I have to pick myself up and try again. He will still be on my mind, but he is gradually fading away as that "someone special"...no matter what his defects are, he will always be my friend.

Mmmhmmm...Friday afternoons are great for philosophizing relationships and letting out the steam of stress. I could really go for a massage right now - know any hot guys hanging about with nothing to do but to give me a back massage right about now? Anyone?

Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home